Express Building Reports carries out building appraisals and pre-purchase inspections on houses and units in the greater Sydney area.
We undertake pre-purchase building inspections and also timber pest inspections for people wishing to buy a property, and we also carry out building maintenance inspections for people preparing to sell their homes.
Properties inspected are given an appraisal and the client is provided with a detailed written report which fully complies with the relevant Australian standards.
We inspect all types of residential properties. Houses - Units - Town houses - duplexes - Villas.
Building Inspections Cover
Building Defects, Potential Safety Hazards, Indentify fibro that may contain asbestos. Properties inspected are given an appraisal and the client is provided with a detailed written report which fully complies with Australian standard AS 4349.1.-2007 Inspection of Buildings Part 1.
Timber Pest Inspections Cover
A timber pest report details current and past infestation and damage not only in the building, but also landscape elements such as, trees, sleepers, etc. The report also contains information about the habits of timber pests and how to reduce the risk of future timber pest infestations. The client is provided with a detailed written report which fully complies with Australian standard AS 4349.3. Timber Pest Inspections.
Combined Building and Timber Pest Inspections
Building and Timber Pest Inspections, are conducted in all accessible areas of the property. Whilst comprehensive, our reports are written in plain English. To assist our client we also provide Full Telephone Support with every report! Clients are also encouraged to meet the building inspector on site. This enables the client to talk to the inspector and discuss any matters that may be of particular concern. Once the inspection is completed, we can usually email the report within 24 hours.
Very important information
We strongly advise that you read and sign the following forms:
The Building Inspection Agreement Form and THE TIMBER PEST INSPECTION AGREEMENT FORM
as recommended by the Australian Standard and The Department of Fair Trading. This should be done prior to us carrying out the Pre-Purchase Property Inspection. Please read sign and email back to us or
Post to POBox 107 Oatley NSW 2223. Business address 10 River Road, Oatley NSW 2223.
Consumer advice Dept. Fair Trading NSW
Inspections done during the cooling–off period
When you buy a property in NSW there is a 5 business day cooling–off period after you exchange contracts. During this period, you have the option to get out of the contract as long as you give written notice. The cooling–off period starts as soon as you exchange and ends at 5 pm on the fifth business day.
If you want to get a building inspection done during the cooling–off period, make sure you give the consultant as much notice as possible. They will have to do the inspection, prepare the report and still give you time to make a decision. If you decide not to buy the property you will also need time to get a letter to the vendor or their agent, saying that you are withdrawing from the contract.
5 Reasons to choose our services
- Fast Professional and Courteous Service.
- Building and Pest inspections can be arranged with the Agent or Vendor on your behalf, subject to gaining access to the property, we usually have a 24hour turn around.
- Licensed, Insured and Qualified. Philip K. Connor (JP) is licensed by The Department of Fair Trading (BC193). He has Full Indemnity Insurance (Pacific International) Qualified. See qualifications.
- Competitive - Affordable-Fees We are able to offer a combined building and pest inspection package, that reduces costs. These reduced costs are a direct benefit to our clients.
- On Site Consultation We welcome on site consultations with our clients to discuss the inspection and any relevant issues.
- Full Telephone Support Full telephone support provided with every inspection. All reports Call now and arrange for an inspection.